- Today when we got home from being over at grandma Johnsons she kept saying "homm" I could'nt figure out at first what she was trying to say, but then I realized she was saying "home". So cute!!!
- She has been in nursery now at church for the last 3 weeks, although this last week she really wasnt in it at all. She started crying even before Eric could get her into the nursery room. She woke up really early though and church is at 11 (right around nap time, yay) so that didnt go so well. The first two weeks were great though, so we think she will be alright next week.
- She has started getting VERY picky about the foods she eats, as of now, all she will eat is avacados, apples, clementines, whole wheat noodles with spaghetti sauce, eggs, Cheerios, and Chia seed cereal. On the few occasions we have had Salmon she scarfs it up though so that is good. I know that she would probably love eating white bread, processed chicken nuggets, mac and cheese, and hot dogs, but I just don't want her to get accustomed to those foods. Oh, and once in a while, she will have some green smoothie with us in the mornings.
- Her eye teeth have been trying ever so slowely to make their way out of her gums, thus making sleeping not the best as of late. She never has really slept all that great but with the teeth bothering her I can expect to be up at least twice a night. I remind myself often that this wont last forever, I am also hoping that I will be blessed with a good sleeper in my next baby. I have come to believe its not because we cosleep as I have a friend who also cosleeps and her little one sleeps through the night like crazy.
- She is still learning signs for words and is now learning how to incorporate the sign for "please" accompanied by her cute little voice saying "peze". I may have taught her the sign for poop, she is almost to the age of potty training so I figured it was worth a shot, and it sure is funny when she does the sign. She says banana "nanana", eye "eyyyeee", nose "nows", ear "eah", mouth "mouh", cheek "chee", toe "toooee". She says more but those are the ones she really does good with.
- She takes her shoes and socks off everywhere we go. In the car thats one of the first things she does. She will be one of those barefoot kids. I brought in a huge pile of her socks from my car the other day.
I had to get a mask cause, well, I wanted one :). But we had a really good time. The lunch, although not to my healthy standards was delicious! It was a crossant chicken sandwich, with a side salad, red velvet cake (the death of my diet), and little scones as a snack as we were trying to figure out the darned mystery. The whole thing was written by some local girls, and all the proceeds went to the Christian Church that the girls attended as well as my sister Hannahs softball team. The story had a great message about forgiveness too which I though was great.
Those are a few late pictures from Christmas
Here is a picture of Church the next day in her pretty Christmas dress
She wasnt exactly thrilled that I had put pig tails in her hair... Still cute though!
Still loves bath time!!!
She loves to terrorize Nacho! We don't feel bad for him though because if he wanted to he could run away, but he doesnt... we think he just whines for attention because really I think he likes it!
One of the fabulous days that Elizabeth was thrilled about green smoothies. Love the green ring around her whole face!
Her hair doesnt look crazy becuase she is laying down, it looked just like that when she was sitting up. It was a serious case of after nap bed head.
This was an afternoon in the park. I cant believe she is big enough to go down the big slide all by herself! She is a big climber too, we will have to watch her soooo carefully!
Look how big she is just walking and holding my hand on the way home, with a beautiful sunset behind us! We are so lucky!
She decided she wanted to play in this box that was probably 3 sizes to small for her. She kept asking Eric to pull her around in it. When he would stop she would start whining until he would do it more.
I love this little mischevious face!
This last sunday I got to attend Women at the Well at the stake center. It was sooo beautiful and of course I cried almost the whole time. It made me wonder why I don't just listen to more uplifting music all the time. Eric has been playing basketball on Thursday nights and kicking some major church ball bootay! I tell him that he might need to be a little more humble, but really I'm proud of him and cant wait to go to his game this Thursday! I am currently reading a bunch of books here are just a couple that I am working on:
The Biography of Thomas S. Monson (amazing book so far)
The five love languages of children
the Body Ecology Diet
all good books!
I am really enjoying renegadehealth.com and greensmoothiegirl.com for some good nutritional and exercise motivation and information and recomend them to almost everyone! Well, thats all from me for now. Sorry its such a long post but I had to get in a lot of info :)
I'll update next week! Until then, have an awesome week and we love you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment